Historical Sites‎ > ‎

Gordon School


Two iterations of the Gordon School previously stood on the northwest corner of the intersection of highway M and Midtown Road.  The first is believed to have been built in 1860 and stood until a tornado in September of 1928 blew it down, with a teacher and students inside (who all survived).  The second was built of brick about about a year later.  This school was closed and sold as a private residence in the 1960s when Verona began consolidating rural schools, and was demolished in 2017. 

Channel 3 News, Gordon School (Sept 2017)



Goodbye Gordon School, program and tour




Comments